3D Photomontages (3D Visual Impact)
3D Photomontages provide a useful graphical representation of how a proposed development (from small house extension to Multi-storey building) will look when built. There are essentially the mixing of a 3D model and a 2D photograph. Key to this graphical representation is the accuracy of how these two elements are combined.
Typically a series of photographs are taken of the current site (pre-build). Survey data and a 3D model of the development are complied and created. The 3D model is then placed into a 3D scene and the original photograph is defined as the background. Once in the correct position the model (relative to the photograph) we render out the image and then use some post work to blend the model into the photo.
The Key Advantages are:
- Provides a vital tool in planning applications and visual impact studies.
- Assists in funding for your development.
- Use as a sales tool to your potential investors/clients.
- Marketing Material for brochures and hording.
- Convey design proposals in an accurate way to your wide audience.
- Illustrate the footprint of building and hence shadow studies can be undertaken.
- Provide a useful tool during the design process.
- Illustrate mitigation of sensitive developments
- Demonstrate staged development
We achieve the 3D design results by using accurate data and our expertise in design interpretation. We texture the building as per design, light it as per the original photos using HDRI lighting techniques. Ultimately our goal is to produce the most appealing image possible and hence provide you with a vital advantage in your planning application.
Photomontages offer valuable information to developers and local authorities. They are ofter considered a prerequisite to the planning, design and marketing stages of developments.